Seven unidentified guns were abandoned with Fort Pike in 1890, and all were stolen and/or carried off for scrap. The two 32-pounder smoothbore guns that now sit on either side of the fort's entrance walkway came from Fort Livingston, intended to protect New Orleans to its south but never finished (thanks a load there, Civil War!).

If one believes such things as dates painted onto cannon, this example dates to 1821, while the gun on the other side of the walkway dates to 1817.